Monday, June 2, 2008

High Hard Ones
- Ironman ROCKS.

- Harvey Korman, Bo Diddley...are waiting for their third celeb death to join them. And it better be someone who can come with some high ranking cred, because these gents were legends of their respective crafts. Both shall be missed.

- Have finally started watching Torchwood (yeah, yeah, I'm forever late the the party ever since I got rid of cable.) Not quite as awesome as Firefly, but hella mindless fun in terms of Brits fighting aliens.

-RAW is over...and it was a fantastic experience all-around. Friday night a bunch of folks meet up at the Peek Inn for a bit of carousing and karaoke.

- Mayfest is the Best Fest. Spent much of Saturday afternoon hanging with some friends at our favorite local street fest. Listened to plenty of polka music, drank a couple of German biers, got a little sun, ran into folks I haven't seen in a dog's age and got to wiggle some piglets. Nothing better.


We have now entered the rollicking month of June. I'm traveling so much this month, with so many plates spinning, it's making me dizzy. I kinda laid low the past couple weeks blogging wise as I was readying myself for this upcoming onslaught.



100 years war
Cubs are back at the top of the National Division Heap. 36-21. Back to back sweeps with a 7 game streak. Of course, I expect after playing yesterday, flying to SanDiego for a night game this evening...they'll probably be due for a hit. Their on the road averages aren't as sunny, but I'm hanging onto my happy.

I can't remember who was telling me at the bar the weekend that the Cubs doing well was some kind of conspiracy to deflate attention towards the ongoing steriods scandal. I'm pretty sure it was a Sox fan. Can't we all just get along? (With the noted exception of the Crosstown series?)

Go Cubs.

1 comment:

Mate Famber said...

Sidney Pollack. The ring is complete.