Monday, June 8, 2009

nph

I caught about 10 minutes of the Tony's and then turned the TV off. Before my wondering eyes did appear yet another revival of "West Side Story," and while that is a fantastic musical, it pains me that there are so few fantastic new musicals (that aren't based on a flipping movie) that Broadway has to have a revival of the same 5 chestnuts every 3 years.

Not even thoughts of the delightful Neil Patrick Harris hosting could woo me to turn it back on.

This morning, I heard about NPH's closing number and I have little doubt, that it was the finest moment of the show.

And I quote,

This show could not be any gayer,
If Liza was named mayor
And Elton John took flight...

The curtain falls
I'm off to hit some big Tony balls....
Goooooodniiiiiight!!!


Enjoy.





This is why Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog is so freaking worthwhile...Mr. Neil Patrick Harris, my friend. Except no substitute.

And yes, I'm tickled by the quaint irony that he's singing to the tune of the very song/show that made me run screaming into the night. The universe, she's got a sense of humor, that one.