Friday, July 25, 2008

keep hope alive

The Cubs are hanging onto their lead over Milwaukee...next week's four game series looks to be a pretty exciting match-up. This is usually about the time of the season when the Cubs start tanking and making sure we're on a path to be mathmatically eliminated...or so my father keeps reminding me.

It's just hard for some folks to hang onto that hope...but what else is there, but to hope! Especially when they've been delivering since spring.

The only pill I have to swallow (constantly) is my complete disregard for Zambrano as a person. As a pitcher and player, he's immensely skilled, no doubt. But, to quote a nasally delivered line from a favorite movie, "I can't STAND 'im!" I try to look past his oafish, annoying qualities and try to think of him solely as a player who is working hard to take the team all the way to the playoffs. We need his consistancy more that I need to like him off the field.


It's funny to discuss being positive and hopeful about this season, when we've been at the top of the heap all season long. How we have to keep ourselves in check...just in case. Well I call bullshit. They are going to defend (and win) the National League pennant and we'll be playing ball in October. You just gotta believe.


Bottom of the 8th against the Marlins...2-2.

Let's Go Cubs!!

No comments: