Monday, May 4, 2009

t-minus five

Okay. I know said I wasn't going to blog this week, but I changed my mind. I am, however, putting a moratorium on my brand new format this week, because my brain can only process show-related stuff.


Random thoughts swirling:

1. It's been a while since I've directed improv. I am so utterly excited and proud of this show and at the same time, I'm in fear that I will be the one to fuck it up. Or rather, keep it from being as utterly awesome as it already is.

2. I totally have a crush on every member of my cast. It's not a "dude, I wanna mack on you" crush. It's the kind of crush you get about a person's inner attributes. I'm crushing on their smarts, ability to be giddy with each other, commitment to the material, sense of timing and play, willingness to go there and the fact that they let me get away with using my vagina as both a reference point and a threat.

I recall something about refering to my vagina as a "control patch."

It seemed to make sense at the time. I'm sure the actual humilation of that moment will hit me in about a week, when they respectfully throw it back in my face.

3. My brain is tired due to an immense lack of sleep. All weekend I had trouble finding my words to express myself (which, hey, when you're directing folks? Being specific and using your words, is really the main requirement.) Here's the weird thing. I came in 2nd in a Spelling Bee on Saturday night. While drinking 3 beers.

I'm still shocked that I spelled bouillon correctly in the first round.

4. Yes. I shouldn't be drinking beers while on my meds. So noted. But, do I get points for not eating any chocolate cake or like a Whopper at 2am after getting drunk? People! I think I should get points!

5. As a rule, once a show is up (in the regular theater world) the director doesn't come to every single performance. There was a brief time when I thought, "Hey, I might miss a couple shows during the run for WNEP related stuff."

That day is over. I will not miss one minute of these shows and a part of me is already aching with the knowing that it will be over in just 8 performances.

6. Did I mention that Ross and John are assholes? They totally are. More people should have assholes like these in their periphery. You can't have them, though. They are my assholes. Get your own.

7. Getting emails from the cast that read, "I'm fucking excited." And, "effing out of my mind happy we open Saturday!" make me effing out of my mind happy and fucking excited that we open on Saturday.

8. Did I mention, starting May 16th, Don Hall is going to make me workout at 8am every freaking Saturday morning? I already hate him. And yet...no, I hate him. In the best way possible! Woot!

9. Our s***ies are the best s***ies in all the land! [You will never cypher this out...unless you see THEMS. Sorry. Dems da breaks.]





10. You'll be delighted to know that "Eat a bag of dicks," has dropped from the forefront of my brain. It was, instead, replaced by a new catch phrase that is both family-friendly, while still conveying the message and intent of "Eat a bag..."

I present to you, "Simmer down, pot roast!"

Okay. I admit, it's kinda in the delivery, but man?
If you could hear it in my head? You might just do a spit take.

Word.

Okay. I've got a list of shit I need to suss out tonight.
I've got to get to sussin'!

6 comments:

music is bliss said...

When the "control patch" comments start getting thrown at you, just give them a big smirk and nod a couple of times. And walk away...

; )

rebar said...

Walk away. Walk away?

It's like you don't know me at all, Julie.

;p

music is bliss said...

LOL. Yeah, what the fuck was I thinking? That's something I'D use. You're so much better with the witty comebacks...

Jamie said...

1. don't worry about it.
2. I don't remember you referring to your control patch.
3. Whip or Will is a new game show for
4. Yeah! Points, and a finger bang.
5. Good thing you won those passes at the spelling bee.
6. Totally!
7. Lisa emailed me the other day just to call me a spag.
8. Another finger bang.
9. I don't understand this and I'm in the show.
10. I'll stick with finger bang.

rebar said...

>>7. Lisa emailed me the other day just to call me a spag.


Can people blame me for crushing on these folks?


Although, she's right.
You totally are a spag, spag.

Fucking grinders.

Hixx said...

What is this "Thems?"