Monday, November 2, 2009

awol

First I was having issue with my access to the blog. "Gaw! Why can't I load this picture? Damn you to hell, Blogger!"

Then it morphed into, "Everything in my brain is the equivalent to sensational news reports. It's all car accidents, cave-ins and child abductions. I really don't want to blog about that crap today. Or today. Or today. Or ever."

Then I went on vacation thinking, "Okay, I'm ready to write! I'll finally have time and be in a delightful mood!"

Instead I slept and read and procrastinated. A LOT. I was barely online that whole week.

In the midst of all of it, I was working on stuff for WNEP's next project which I'm REALLY EXCITED ABOUT, but that took the remains whatever reserve energy I had left in my back pocket.

Also. I blame Facebook.

Why spend time writing a coherent collection of paragraphs, when a well phrased zinger (not necessarily a complete sentence, even) will do!

When I look back at October, while a bunch of good stuff happened last month, it was the least Rockingest Rocktober in quite a while. Which, to be honest, confused the hell out of me. October was crowned long ago as the Most Awesome Month of the Year. When it failed to meet my usual expectations, I sat in a stunned bubble of "WTF!" for a wee bit longer than I should have.

I'm taking a cue from Fred and Ginger.
I have "Pick Yourself Up" playing in my head on a loop.

Nothing's impossible, I have found.
For when my chin is on the ground,
I pick myself up, dust myself off, start all over again.

Don't lose your confidence if you slip.
Be grateful for the pleasant trip,
And pick yourself up, dust yourself off, start all over again.

Work like a soul inspired 'til the battle of the day is won
You may be sick and tired, but you'll be a man, my son.

Will you remember the famous men who had to fall to rise again?
So take a deep breath,
Pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
Start all over again.

- Swing Time, 1936


I've decided to give November a shot at the title.

No comments: