Tuesday, November 10, 2009

jilted

While we have many more weeks of Autumn, it seems like most of the trees are on the tail end of their "beauty of decay" cycle.

There are still a few colorful leaves hanging on for dear life here and there, but instead of a robust array of reds, oranges and golds, it's getting to be pretty much mustard and brown uber alles.

And mostly, it's uber alles the ground.

I'm one of those folks who's mood is very affected by the weather.

When I notice a spectacular blue sky?
My heart will expand three sizes.

When I see the wind move through a tree straight out of a crayola box?
I want to point it out to strangers waiting at the train station with me.

When I feel a breeze (hot or cold) that hits you at just the right time?
I want to pull out a mason jar and chase it around like a firefly.

It's not really Seasonal Affective Disorder...it's not like I'm just happy in the summer (I'm not, I bitch about the humidity non-stop), or sad in the winter (there's nothing I like finer than a snowfall...if I'm stuck at home and not out in it.)

Just call me easily swayed.

I saw this picture over at dooce and got all swoony when I saw this ivy covered fence.



(I encourage you to click it to see the BIG version which is way better than this rinky dink copy.)

See.

Just looking at a picture of autumn in all her colorful regalia makes me go all knocked-kneed. There is no hope for me.

I'm in love with Autumn...and it's totally getting ready to dump me.

2 comments:

The Rev said...

For god's sake, woman, when are you going to march down to the newspaper and get a job as a columnist and quit your day job?????

rebar said...

As soon as the mortgage fairy comes and magically pays it off.