Friday, March 27, 2009

picture day




Some days you are the baby kimodo dragon.
Some days you're the bug.

*********************************************

I do not like Peeps. They are my least favorite thing about Spring/Easter. In my opinion, the only good peep is a carmelized peep. The fact that grown-ass adults would create diaramas using peeps only makes me want to smash them more.


Although...if this could solve the pothole problem in Chicago, I would be all for it.





And if I was voting, I would crown this one.
And then set it on fire.
"Peep on a Wire."





*********************************************

Recently, I bought this shirt for my sister, who is:

1) a leo
2) a girl
3) a gay

It's from the threadless folks and is titled, "Gay Pride."





I am also:
1) a leo
2) a girl



But, I am not gay.

I really covet this shirt, since it's all pink and covered with Lions (dude, I wanted to name our dog Aslan, but was out-voted.) If I were to wear this shirt, I have no doubt that many folks I know, would think I was gay....which normally? Whatever. But, as I believe much of the population already thinks I'm gay, I'm kinda fighting an uphill battle as it stands.

While I love that shirt, I'd rather avoid having this conversation.
Again.

- Dude, I'm not gay.
- But you're shirt is sooooooo gay!
- Yeah. But, I'm not gay.
- Are you sure? You kinda seem gay.
- I'm sure. Not gay.
- Really? Cuz I always kinda pegged you for...
- Not gay, dude.
- Oh. Okay..... Are you sure?

*********************************************

Hey.
I dig robots as much as the next nerdling.
I celebrate all machinery that make my life less toiling. I [heart] my washing machine, the timer on my lamp. Even my beater of a car.

I'm even cool with them being better at math.

But, a giant robot that breathes fire?


"The system goes online on August 4th, 1997. Human decisions are removed from strategic defense. Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware 2:14 AM, Eastern time, August 29th."

Oof. No more giant robots, okay Tokyo?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Giant robot that breathes fire?...

So gay.

Anonymous said...

I would like to point out to writergirl77 that Monsterjam's Robosuarus is also a fire breathing robot. A fire breathing robot that picks up cars at Monster Truck Rallies, holds them in giant claws, burns them to cinders and crushes them with a hydrualic powered mandible. Despite your assertion to the contrary writergirl77 (if that is your real name)that makes fire breathing robots only moderately gay.
As long as they don't have oversized brass nipples.

rebar said...

Just to clarify, I'm all for robots being gay. I just don't want them to be

1) giant
2) fire-breathing
3) a combination of 1 and 2

rooty toot