Monday, March 30, 2009

how to bottle joy

In three easy steps:

Step one: Commission and produce a glass replica of a Crystal Skull.

Step two: Create a quadruple-distilled vodka, triple filtered through carbon...and then triple filter is through "500 million year old quartz crystals, known as Herkimer diamonds."

Step three: It puts the vodka in the skull.



It is entirely worth your precious, spare moments to watch the video by Dan Ackroyd. I guess this went "viral" in October, but this is the first I've heard about it.




All I know is that at $250 a bottle, this vodka better cure cancer or magically refill itself. For that kind of coin, it better sing me lullabies at bedtime and walk the dog on rainy days. Or at least make me so drunk that I'm unaware that it's raining out when I'm walking the dog.

Oh, wait. The suggested retail price (if you can find it in stock) is a more affordable, but still pricey, $50. Damn! That's some serious price gouging!

Although, I think we all knew going in...joy doesn't come cheap.

5 comments:

-j-j- said...

Vodka.
In a Skull Bottle.

Can't type any more...soul screaming with delight...

rebar said...

Have to admit, you were the first person I thought of when I saw it.

I've read some reviews that it's pretty decent vodka...and others that say it tastes like acetate.

Not sure a taste test is worthy of $50, but if I'm at a bar and see it on the shelf...I might pony up and overpay for a sample.

It would be funny if the bottle is worth more than the liquor inside.

Erica said...

Fuzzy and I had a day where we tried to find this in Chicago, and didn't have any luck. Apparently, somewhere on the southside last week there was an event with Ackroid and the vodka. One thing is for sure, they don't have it at Binnys.

Anonymous said...

If I can get bottle of this at a good street price I will. And I will share it. Tami's brother manages a large liquor store. I'm not really a vodka guy but a good chilled vodka neat can be refreshing.
Dan Ackroyd is probably the best pitchman of our time. As good or better than Ed McMahon in his prime. And he doesn't even do it for a living. Billy Mays and that Vince ShamWow guy could use a little lesson in restraint. Act like you got something I want, not something you want me to buy.

rebar said...

>>If I can get bottle of this at a good street price I will. And I will share it.

Woot!


>>but a good chilled vodka neat can be refreshing.

Word.


>>Dan Ackroyd is probably the best pitchman of our time.

Indeed.


>>Billy Mays and that Vince ShamWow guy could use a little lesson in restraint.

Faced!