Thursday, April 16, 2009

addendum

The other thing I'm working on is my skewering of a School House Rock classic...to be performed LIVE at Timber Lanes tomorrow night...around 10:30pm.

All in an effort to raise money for WNEP.

Unlike other Chicago companies, the Chicago Theater scene will not collapse if you do not donate ten cents per pin to your favorite WNEP Bowler. Chicago won't suddenly become like St. Louis, no children will be without a decent theatrical education, the vast array of Chicago original productions will not dry up and leave you with no theater to see except for the fifth production of The Tempest and a slew of Neil Simon plays.

But, if you want to see my SHR skewering, you'll have to pony up some dough! Much like our ousted govenor, I'm embracing a pay-to-play ideology.

So far I have $65 on the line...you want to throw another sawbuck in the pool? I'll happily send you the link.

Even if you don't have lots of dough, come hang out and have a beer and a cheese-it brand cracker. We'll likely throw a split the pot raffle in the mix as well.

A nice night at Ye Olde Bowling Alley...it's just what the doctor ordered.