Thursday, April 23, 2009

don't look behind you

My internet was wonky last night, so I couldn't get online in time for a Wed post. Dagnabit.





We are 5 rehearsals away from opening this puppy.

Tonight's my first night off since Friday. I'm sure this rehearsal process is making the cast roll it's eyes at me every now and then, but I really think there is a method to the madness I'm inflicting upon them.

This is such a fun mesh of improv and stagecraft, I really can't wait for it to be ready for folks to see! The base for the crew costumes arrived this week and they look HAWESOME. We need to spruce them up a bit, make them look a little more lived in. I won't name names, but there's at least one crew member who doesn't want to take his off. That's how swank they are.


The cast/crew is so right on track it kills me. They really have gone above and beyond in creating folks with depth, personality and humor. For me, the devil is in the details. Delicious, delicious details.

At this point, it's all about running the show and tweaking the show. Tweaking costume, prop and tech details and helping the performers get comfortable enough to "oh yeah, go there!"

Also, did I mention....it's hysterical? They are hysterical. And so much fun.

I really owe the boys for bringing me onboard.
This show is makes me six kinds of giddy, yo!


THEMS
Opening Night...May 9th.
Tickets $20 (worth every penny, son.)
Reserve your seat at: www.themsiscoming.com

2 comments:

Hixx said...

hmmmm.

yeah.

he has it on right now.

rebar said...

That's called "commitment."

Or "laziness."

One of those.