Tuesday, April 14, 2009

back to life

I'll assume that most if not all of you know that I had a fairly serious health issue that laid me out last week. It's improving, but ongoing and I'm sure I'll talk about it at length some other time.

Since I'm baby-stepping all over the place, I'm just going to make this a quick and painless post.


I've noticed that on many blogs that I frequent that they have a structure to their posts - a way to help focus and generate the material published that is content specific. I've decided to co-opt that plan for this blog.

From now on (or until I change my mind) I'll be posting as follows:

Mon - Focus on Chicago centric stuff and/or my pending To Do List
Tue - A "get up on this" entry - website, movie, etc.
Wed - Picture Day. The last one made me laugh. So, I'm keeping it.
Thu - What I'm Working On. Could be a show, could be a new soup recipe.
Fri - Random. Whatever I feel like posting. Could be a rant, could be a youtube vid.

The weekends will be free and breezy and I'll post what and when it seems like a good idea.

So, tomorrow, we'll kick it off with Picture Day.
Aren't you foaming at the mouth?



Oh...one last thing. Due to my health, I've been sidelined for the WNEP Bowl-a-thon this year. I'll still be attending on Friday night, but I'm not planning on bowling until my Pinata Leg is completely human and weight bearing.

Still, I'd like to help raise a few bucks for Ye Olde Theater Company, so if you were planning on pledging, please consider a flat donation. I know that this is also a rough year for lots of folks (including myself) with the economy in the tank, so really, any amount is truly appreciated!

All are welcome to hang out at Timber Lanes, nosh on some grub, have a drink at the bar and watch as I skewer yet another School House Rock classic.

Yes, the pool is now up to $65 for me to perform a SHR song and have it posted to youtube.

What song will I sing?
Only the Shadow knows!


If you're in town and are looking for some laid back Friday good timing, stop on by!

WNEP Bowl-a-thon 2009
Friday, April 17th @ 10:00pm
Timber Lanes - 1851 W Irving Park

3 comments:

music is bliss said...

You're way too fucking organized...

; )

rebar said...

In my brain, all things are very organized.

My apt however, is a completely different story.

Erica said...

OOh, I am sorry that you are in poor health! Anything we can do? I am sending you healing and healthy vibes!

You are awesome.

xoxoxo