Tuesday, January 27, 2009

what do i get?

I need to get up and get dressed for our awards dinner. Fahk.

What I really want to do is climb into bed, order room service, eat in my pjs and sleep until I have to get up at the crack of dawn for what I'm sure will be a 16 hour day and then some.

I'm trying to quickly find a song on youtube to get my ass in gear.

Greg Laswell? - I still love this track...but not quite ass kicky enough.
Kanye? - Yeah. But I just don't have it in me to pull off the attitude this needs.
Beyonce? - The earworm that I can't escape.
Flight of the Conchords? - Ah...the sugar lumps.

J recently reminded me of my abiding love of the Buzzcocks. I can't find the worn out cassette tape (a copy) that I listened to on my Sony Walkman over and over back in the day...but I had a gift card to Barnes and Noble that was gathering dust, so I went and bought a Buzzcocks Greatest Hits CD...and it's like the decades just melt away.

Yeah. The Buzzcocks. That's the ticket. (Thanks, J. I owe you a drink.)