Tuesday, January 6, 2009

over my shoulder

I've been avoiding doing one of those "year in reviews."

Not that a bit of evaluation can't be productive...mostly, I've been in an "offline" state of mind over the holidays and just can't seem to get back on the proverbial bicycle. Yet.

Instead, I'm stealing a meme idea from my friend notnits:
Post the first line from each month of your blog over the previous year.

I'm going a bit more indepth- because I find myself as facinating as you obviously do. I'm adding the title of the entry (note the parentheses) and linking to the full entry (hit the month), if you're curious to see where the stray thought ended up.

I'm a big believer in trying to create writing that is, what I like to call, "round." Meaning, no matter how tangental you get, you always attempt to come back around to your initial intent and finish your point/thought/idea.

I added the titles because I found them to be odd and amusing when you're just reading the first line. Also...I started the year over at vox and transitioned to blogger, so for a few months, I have two blog posts. Hell. Since I kept two going, I might as well get traction out of them.



JANUARY: (wtf) Truth be told, my karate has been in need of a good kick in the arse.

FEBRUARY: (lost) Uh....my wallet went MIA yesterday.

MARCH: (rule the world) Nephew this weekend.

APRIL.vox: (grading on a curve) This morning I was driving into work (late) and caught an interview on WLUP with Alec Greven, a 3rd grade student in Denver, who penned the homework assignment, How To Talk To Girls, which was later turned into a book sold at the school book fair.
APRIL: (elbow) I was born into a legacy of Beta over VHS.

MAY.vox: (nerd party) I think I've previously mentioned some of my friends and myself get together on Wednesday to partake in the nerd party that is Quizzo.
MAY: (file under: wtf) I love kids.

JUNE.vox: (yes) Yes, it's 2am.
JUNE: (high hard ones) Ironman ROCKS.

JULY.vox: (arts is good food) My brain is breaking that it is July 8th.
JULY: (WTF) My blood is boiling right now.

AUGUST.vox: (habits) My birthday is next week and although I am awash in riches of friends and home and really want for nothing to speak of (with the exception of winning the LOTTO that I never remember to play anyway)...I still feel a bit off about it.
AUGUST: (shooting blancs) There is very little improvisation in Metaluna.

SEPTEMBER.vox: (still) My friend wrote, "I am sort of troubled by the fact that I didn't make any mention of September 11th - the DAY, The Anniversary - in my post. "
SEPTEMBER: (humped) I just watched McCain.

OCTOBER: (rocktober) It's October 1st.

NOVEMBER: (It's on like Donkey Kong) As I ponder what my experience might be tomorrow as a novice election judge, I'm torn between utter excitement at being part of the process (and a bit of history), and the idea of a day that starts at 4am and may end 15 or 16 hours later.

DECEMBER: (by the dashboard lights) A Poem to Celebrate our First Snow in the City.


Uh. No comment.

No comments: