Friday, September 12, 2008

weekend plans? check.

Art, Food, Movies, Theater Schtuff and Netflix. Man 'o man, I've got a busy/fun weekend planned. Woot. Now I just need to figure out when I'm going to do my laundry, clean my bathroom and walk the dog.


Tonight, it's Girl Gang Night! Uh. Okay, that just hit me on several levels how funny it is that a bunch of 30/40-something women refer to themselves as "girls." Also, "girl gang" has a connotation that we might tag unsuspecting brick walls and give each other prison tatoos. And then there's the weird alliteration of "girl gang" and "gang bang" (at least in my head.) And now, I've just weirded myself and my friends out to a completely new and awkward level.

Sorry, ladies. Let's not make eye contact and pretend you never read this

Anyway, tonight the ladies are getting together for a night of nosh followed by some "Aht." We're hitting a yummy cuban place that has yet to miss a beat. It's a little off the beaten path, with authentic flavors and easy on the budget. Which is the way I like it.


Saturday morning, I'm hitting the Music Box to catch the matinee of The French Connection. I've never seen it on the big screen, and I'm overdue for some classic Hackman.

I'll be the one in the glasses shouting, "FUCK YEAH."

Saturday evening, I'm catching Pineapple Express (for the second time) with a couple friends who have yet to see it.

I'll be the one in the glasses shouting, "FUCK YEAH."


Sunday, I'm participating in the reading of the first draft of a new play. Being even a small cog in the process of new works is just darn satisfying.

Sunday night, I'll be holed up watching Disk 2 of the first season of Mad Men. I may be late to the game, but I always make it in time for the seventh inning stretch, yo.


Speaking of which....GO CUBS. 88-58. Woof. Admittedly, aside from the last couple of games, they've been playing fairly assy of late, but they are still in First Place. With 16 regular season games left. It makes a girl's head spin.

Hello? October? Keep a light on. We're headed your way, my brotha.


And a shout-out to DV...from whom I stole that sweet Obama pix.

2 comments:

NotNits said...

Say, is the picture at the top of this post from an art show in town?

I ask because the gallery is a couple doors down from Sabor a Cuba, and I went to see the artworks of a friend of a friend on Friday. The picture you posted looks like the kind of thing she had on display.

rebar said...

>>Say, is the picture at the top of this post from an art show in town?

Yep.

You must know Ann Marie, huh? She's a good friend of one of the folks in my building.

We must have just missed each other. I was only there for about 30 minutes or so, around 9pmish.

I really like the stuff she did. Combining the natural with the old nav maps and whatnot? Sweet.

If I had the disposable monies, I might have bought one.