Wednesday, October 22, 2008

picture day

Too much floating in my bean. Can't seem to complete my thought enough to blog....so I'm breaking out the A.V. show! These are just pictures I came across today that made my brain stop clacking for a moment.

Mass Wedding



Karabakh-Armenian couples participate in a mass wedding celebration in Shusha. More than 750 couples from the Nogorny-Karabakh region participated in mass wedding organized by businessman Levon Airapetyan, who gave each couple $2,000 in U.S. dollars and a cow.

Reaction: WTF? Are these couples that desperate for 2K and a cow? Why would a businessman shell out 1.5 million dollars (not counting the bovine releated costs) just to get folks hitched? Would you want to share your special day with 1498 other newlyweds? I mean...WTF?


Two words: Baby rhino.



Reaction: I wish I had a baby rhino. I would totally dress up as a blind person for Halloween and make that baby rhino my seeing eye dog.*



Lastly a little Vintage Art!



Reaction: Pin-up art is so cool. It's like Norman Rockwell gets his sexy on. Also, get your VOTE on!



*Yes. I have already dressed up as a blind person for Halloween...and had Olive be my seeing eye dog. 1) Nothing wrong with recycling an idea after several years, and 2) as much as I love Olive, "baby rhino" trumps "12 lbs terrier" as comedic seeing eye dog. Period.

2 comments:

-j-j- said...

I think you should look into this whole blind obsession you have. I mean seriously. It's followed you YOUR ENTIRE LIFE.

From dressing up as a blind woman, t pretending when you were a kid, to playing (and beautifully I might add) a blind lady on stage...Double-U. Tea. Ef.

Maybe you are a reincarnation of Louis Braille...try not to stab yourself in the eye.

rebar said...

More than a few folks in my family have gone blind in their autumn
years.

I think I've subconsciously spent my life preparing for the inevitable.

Mayhaps to lessen the shock?

In the meantime, I will steer clear of sharp implements and pointy sticks.