Wednesday, October 1, 2008

wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

I just found out that I have 8 vacation days left on the books.
I feel like I just won the lottery...except, without the ability to pay off my mortgage or buy a new electric car or pet monkey.

When I look at my calendar and add them up...sure as shit! 8 days left! You know, when you're broke ass and gas is over $4 a gallon for a good part of the travel season, I guess it's hard to recall the last time you took a vacation.

Normally, I take a week off around my birthday, but I didn't this year. Just didn't feel like it. In the last couple of years, I've also traveled to more trade shows and usually tacked on a few extra days here and there. No travel...no extra travel days.

Now, I can take a week off at the end of month, or take a full week off at Thanksgiving and Christmas combined! Both options seem equally appealing.

Hmmm. I think this calls for a poll!

To celebrate this fantastic news (and to get a jump on that leaf turning) I'm going to use one precious day and take Friday off. Start digging into that belated spring cleaning I mentioned. Amend that. I'm going to SLEEP IN and then crank on some spring cleaning.

Holla.

No comments: