Thursday, November 6, 2008

it's viral, yo.

What I failed to mention yesterday is that when I woke up at 4am and started bawling, that my exhaustion wasn't merely due to a long day at the polls or the emotional catharsis of the election ending.

I'm sick.*

It's a nasty ass head cold, too. I think. (Unless I'm throwing up or literally have to crawl from my bed to the bathroom, I usually think it's just a cold and not the flu.) Yesterday, I was running a fever or something, because I was so cold I went to turn on the heat. Except that it was 72 degrees in my unit! Instead, I made myself some tea, threw on some extra socks, wrapped myself up like a burrito in a couple blankets and rode out my chills.

Lucky me. I plan a vacation day on what turns out to be one of the warmest, sunniest November days we've had in like 40 yrs and I'm stuck in bed sucking back Nyquil. Bah.

From the time I got home on Tuesday night, until this morning (Thurs) - I hadn't seen a soul. No one to high five or hug or dance around with. I turned the phone off to get some rest yesterday, so I haven't even chatted up anyone (except my mom briefly) about the election.

I wish I had the energy to go to the rally that night, but just walking the few blocks home knocked me out, so the idea of traveling downtown and herding my way through the mass of humanity was more that I could conceive.

Fortunately, my friends went and here's the vid.






I wish I could have been there to share the moment with you guys, but I really do feel like my time as an election judge was really a positive thing. Watching people vote and being part of the process was very cathartic.





*(Don't worry Dave, hell or high water I'm working the event on Friday.)

4 comments:

rebar said...

test

rebar said...

jaI got a new computer...for some reason, this is now the only way I can log onto blogger.

Annoying as hell.

rebar said...

test

rebar said...

test