Tuesday, November 11, 2008

lullaby for the troops

Still sick. And working from home. And a bumpy work day at that.

It's Veteran's Day. For the past week, since the election, I've been wondering...What has been going on in Iraq? Yes. Our economy is doing a tailspin around us...but there really hasn't been any comprehensive reporting (or reporting at all) on Iraq for a few weeks now.

I'm sure some folks haven't wanted to talk about Iraq since it would seem to benefit McCain...but Obama has now been president elect for a week...and still, nothing. Hey, I don't want to pile on with all that Obama has to gear up to tackle, but it's not like Iraq is a Chevy under a tarp on blocks in the driveway. You can't ignore it for weeks or months at a time. You can't ignore it at all.

We as a country have so many problems right now. So many houses on fire, we don't seem to have time to look elsewhere.

This afternoon on the news, I saw Cheney for the first time in weeks. He was lying a wreath at Arlington. It made me want to throw a brick at the television. There are few people I hate in the world. I hate Cheney. There is a difference between those who are misguided and those who are corrupt.

Today...like so many other days, I'm thinking of the soliders. Those that serve today, those that have served and those that will.

Please let them all find some peace in this world.





I was looking for another video to complement this. To lessen the injury and let folks know that there will be an end to this war. I want to say thank you, but I don't have it in me to post some video with eagles and flags and smoke filled skies.

Every day you make it out of bed and into the world...and make it back home to bed...
It's a good day.

I hope everyone makes it home to bed tonight.

No comments: