Thursday, November 20, 2008

worthy of the effort

So, if you don't know Pete, you should know that when he puts his energy into something, the results can be fairly spectacular. Case in point: Halloween

He decked out his entryway - check out the spinning pumpkin and the scary hands on the window. Makes me wish I was about 8 and trick or treating in his hood. He put together a compilation vid on the evening's exploits. The good times kick in around 1:10.

Kid 1 : Trick or Treat!
HallowPete: Trick or Treat!
Kid 1 : **Tonally screams for 5 seconds **

How Pete kept his shit together, I have no idea.
I can't stop laughing at that kid's response!





Kid 2: Are you real or pretend?
HallowPete: I'm pretend. You're pretending this entire thing.

Mad Props Pete.


Watching those kids reminds me of the first year I trick or treated in Wayne. We had just moved to into the area that summer, I was 9. I still felt like the new kid in town.

I don't recall too many of the parents dressing up to greet the kids at the door, but at this one dimly lit house that had a long scary tree-lined driveway (we were out in the boonies), the owner opened the door wearing a hugh latex mask...of Abe Lincoln.




It made the other kids scream (admittedly, Latex Abe was rather gruesome looking), but I was a huge fan of Lincoln (still am) and I remember that the sight of this tall hulking man with Abe's rubbery face put me at total ease...and made me crack up.

I distinctly remember that moment as the first time I felt like I might fit into that town.

No comments: