Wednesday, January 20, 2010

over my shoulder (the 2009 edition)

I'm stealing a meme (again) from notnits: Post the first line from each month of your blog over the previous year.

While self-evaluation is great, I'm not a fan of sitting through "year in reviews" (or making you do the same), but I found this entertaining...and a tad revealing last time, so...why not.

I'm following my pattern of last year and adding the title of the entry (note the parentheses) and linking to the full entry (hit the month), if you're curious to see where the stray thought ended up.


JANUARY: (over my shoulder) I've been avoiding doing one of those "year in reviews."

FEBRUARY: (hiro worship) Lately, I've noticed that Time has been swirling around me...but it came to a slamming halt when his car hit my car this AM.

MARCH: (major) First, the meme: 1. List three of your major artistic influences and three unexpected ones.

APRIL: (back to life) I'll assume that most if not all of you know that I had a fairly serious health issue that laid me out last week. It's improving, but ongoing and I'm sure I'll talk about it at length some other time.

MAY: (rock paper scissors lizard spock) Next week, I'm taking a sabbatical from blogging as we enter the final phase of getting the show up on its feet.

JUNE: (precious) At the end of the day, when I finally made it back to my office, and as I was hacking my lungs out, an office mate peered around my cube and told me I sounded just like Gollum.

JULY: (slowly i turn) Yeah. I've been gone.

AUGUST: (give me these moments back) So, I'm thinking you might have heard by now.

SEPTEMBER: (the lost footage) If you missed it on FB, John put together this "trailer" for our show, which if very helpful, when you're trying to describe a live, sci-fi, improv show and folks look at you funny.

OCTOBER: (backing the wrong horse) I thought I could be quiet about the Polanski arrest.

NOVEMBER: (awol) First I was having issue with my access to the blog. "Gaw! Why can't I load this picture? Damn you to hell, Blogger!"

DECEMBER: (let it be) Many times I find myself drawing strength from the example of others.

No comments: