Thursday, December 25, 2008

a christmas carol v2.0

Like I needed more reasons to adore Aimee Mann.

The soundtrack to Magnolia.
Her (nearly) unsung, but pivotal role in The Big Lebowski.
Her cameo in Buffy The Vampire Slayer (the series.)
The idea that she is related (even by marriage) to Sean Penn. (I'm extremely curious what that family holiday might be like.)

I could go on and on listing the many reasons I dig Aimee Mann.
Instead, I am telling you to sit your ass down and watch this:




I do not know how much farther out of my way you expect me to go for your crippled son, alright?

You tell Tim, from me, "Bah Fucking Humbug."

Delicious.

And when hubby Michael Penn gets in the act as Marley?

A: What what what what what what? Michael Penn? You've been dead for weeks. Oh. I know. It's a bad dream. I must have eaten like some bad yogurt or something.

M: Aimee, your yogurt did go bad, but that's just a coincidence. I'm really disappointed in you. Doing shows for yogurt and juice and deodorant. You're kind of becoming a whore.


The fog machine alone makes it worth watching.

Part 2 here. (the weakest section...keep watching anyway.)
Part 3 here. (it picks up speed again)
Part 4 here. (best ghost of xmas future ever...plus more fog machine)

I promise this is worth the 15 minute time commitment.

And if you don't know who Aimee Mann is...well, you have bigger problems than I can solve, brother.

Merry Christmas! Now get offline and enjoy your holiday!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fun, that is.