Monday, December 8, 2008

When vanity attacks.

Here's a truth about me. I can, at times, get a bit obsessive-compulsive about very specific things (with the exception of housework. Housework is unarguably evil and it must be destroyed.)

If you're a regular viewer, you know that I spent most of November toe up. While I showered (most days) and brushed my teeth, I misplaced my tweezers and my eyebrows ran wild.

Wild, I say!

After two weeks of saying, "I'm sure they'll turn up, today," and then tossing my place, I finally broke down and bought my 24th pair of tweezers.

Some people lose socks.
I lose tweezers.
It's my fatal flaw.

I must have at least 7 pairs squirreled away in my tiny home. Of course, I can't find any of those, either.

Much to my delight, after said purchase, I came home after work and went to town on my unruly brows. Mmmm...and to my horror...in my lust to "clear the brush,"...I went a bit...overboard.


I went from a full-on Frida (and I looked waaay more unkempt than Kahlo.)




To a pencil-thin Gloria Swanson in a matter of minutes.




Actually, Gloria looks pretty adorable there.

If I'm really honest, I think I went 6 miles beyond overboard and crossed over into the land of Sunset Boulevard.


Please. If you run into me over the next few weeks, avoid direct eye contact for both our benefit.

Someday, I'm going to let the Seether out and she will pluck my brows bare. Someday. [shiver]

2 comments:

Erica said...

Hilarious.

Giggling out loud over here.

rebar said...

File under: funny 'cuz it's true.